0 comments

Reply To: Amendments to Art. III (proposed by Giuseppe Martinico and Cristina Fasone)

By Lars Næsbye Christensen

Home Forums 05. Article III – Powers of the Legislative Branch Amendments to Art. III (proposed by Giuseppe Martinico and Cristina Fasone) Reply To: Amendments to Art. III (proposed by Giuseppe Martinico and Cristina Fasone)

I agree with Giuseppe. I think that by ‘civil death’ is meant the removal of all of a person’s rights, which some states have done with ethnic minorities.

Enumeration of rights is an interesting discussion in Denmark (where I live). The constitution of Denmark itself provides a very outdated set of rights, as most of them are based on the state of political science in 1849, 1915 and 1953. But through accession to conventions and treaties the de facto protection is quite good. If we directly write the “European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms” and the “Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union” into the constitution I think we are good too.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}
en_GBEnglish (UK)