0 comments

Reply To: Article 1 should (not) link to external legal documents

By Christer Lundquist

Home Forums 03. Article I – The Federation and the Bill of Rights Article 1 should (not) link to external legal documents Reply To: Article 1 should (not) link to external legal documents

Participant

The current, new draft elevates the external Rights documents to «same value as this Constitution». This binds lawmakers and prohibits them from making adjustments in laws. To the latest speaker; I agree that the Constitution and laws of the Federation should be secular through & through.
Again, I refer to my post about how Norway fixed that problem; by including links to external texts in the Constituion – without granting them constitutional value; it leaves it to the lawmakers to pick and choose in later laws. See my post and look especially at the Norwegian constitutional Article 92:
Article 92.
The authorities of the State shall respect and ensure human rights as they are expressed in this Constitution and in the treaties concerning human rights that are binding for Norway.

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}
en_GBEnglish (UK)