0 Kommentare

Der Name der Föderation

Unter Jakub Jermar

Startseite ' Foren ' 02. Präambel ' Der Name der Föderation

Schlagwörter: 

Ansicht von 8 Beiträgen - 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Autor
    Teilnehmer

I think the use of the name “the United States of Europe” is problematic. Not because there is a connection to the constitution of the United States of America, which is IMO desirable and proper, but simply because the abbreviated form is already taken and people will not know which United States is being referred to when one says e.g. “the government of the United States”.

Teilnehmer

I do agree, I do!

Teilnehmer

I propose to write and talk about the “European Federation”. Why not?

Teilnehmer

Hallo zusammen, entschuldigt, dass ich ein bisschen zu spät bin. In der Website-Version sehe ich an dieser Stelle "Federation Europe". Ist das ein Übersetzungsproblem? Ich würde denken, dass der Name Europäische Föderation lauten sollte.

Teilnehmer

deleted

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert vor 2 Jahren, 5 Monaten von AvatarAdam Nettles.
    Teilnehmer

Just saw the actual document with the explanatory note. I’d propose “The European Federation” or “The Federation of European States” (if we want to emphasize state sovereignty a bit more.

Teilnehmer

I agree with Adam. Another round of proofreading would be very helpful

Mauro CasarottoMauro Casarotto
    Teilnehmer

Dear friends, let’s keep in mind that it would help to have a name that can be contracted into an acronym that is easy to remember and pronounce, considering how acronyms are in common use.

Ansicht von 8 Beiträgen - 1 bis 8 (von insgesamt 8)
  • Das Forum "02. Präambel" ist für neue Themen und Antworten geschlossen.
{"email": "E-Mail Adresse ungültig", "url": "Website Adresse ungültig", "required": "Erforderliches Feld fehlt"}
de_DEDeutsch