0 komentáře

The name of the federation

Podle Jakub Jermar

Home Fóra 02. Preamble The name of the federation

Označeno štítky: 

Aktuálně je na stránce zobrazeno 8 příspěvků - 1. až 8. (celkem z 8)
  • Autor
    Účastník

I think the use of the name “the United States of Europe” is problematic. Not because there is a connection to the constitution of the United States of America, which is IMO desirable and proper, but simply because the abbreviated form is already taken and people will not know which United States is being referred to when one says e.g. “the government of the United States”.

Účastník

I do agree, I do!

Účastník

I propose to write and talk about the “European Federation”. Why not?

Účastník

Hey everyone, sorry I’m a bit late. On this point in the website version I am seeing it as “Federation Europe”. Is this a translation issue? European Federation would be what I would think the name ought to be.

Účastník

deleted

• Odpověď byla upravena před 2 roky a 5 měsíci uživatelem AvatarAdam Nettles.
    Účastník

Just saw the actual document with the explanatory note. I’d propose “The European Federation” or “The Federation of European States” (if we want to emphasize state sovereignty a bit more.

Účastník

I agree with Adam. Another round of proofreading would be very helpful

Mauro CasarottoMauro Casarotto
    Účastník

Dear friends, let’s keep in mind that it would help to have a name that can be contracted into an acronym that is easy to remember and pronounce, considering how acronyms are in common use.

Aktuálně je na stránce zobrazeno 8 příspěvků - 1. až 8. (celkem z 8)
  • Fórum ‚02. Preamble‚ nepřijímá nové témata ani odpovědi.
{"email": "Emailová adresa neplatná", "url": "Adresa webové stránky neplatná", "required": "Chybí povinné pole"}
cs_CZČeština